[nc-budget]

[nc-budget] RE: [council] Re: [announce] NCtelecon 9 May 2001, minutes

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Cochetti, Roger wrote:

One of the concerns that I have is that the obligations that attach to
these funds be very clearly identified.

I am concerned that the DNSO may make promises about the use of funds that
the DNS does not have clear authority to make.

I would be quite willing to consider a board grant of a well defined, well
limited executive authority to some part of the DNSO to enter into
agreements with donors, thus eliminating any residual question over
whether ICANN is obligated to fulfill those conditions or not.

Again, my goal here is to seek clarity and predictability.

		--karl--