[nc-budget]

[nc-budget] TOPIC FOR TODAY'S MEETING OF THE NAMES COUNCIL BUDGET COMMITTEE: ADMINISTRATION OF FUNDS

Just to confirm, as Athena has already mentioned, there meeting of the
Budget Committee today is intended to address one issue on which we have not
yet reached a conclusion regarding the voluntary funds that we plan to raise
for the DNSO:  How should they be administered?

As far as I can tell, we have at least three options, and we have to select
one before we can actually begin collecting funds:

1) Have the funds administered by ICANN management for us; or

2) Have the funds administered by a custodian that is a newly-created,
American, non-profit organization; or

3) Have the funds administered by a custodian that is a newly-created,
French, non-profit organization.

I'm sure that there are other options that would could consider, but one way
or another I'd like to reach a conclusion on this important administrative
question at this meeting.

Thanks.