[nc-budget]

Re: [nc-budget] proposed budget

on 15/12/00 9:59, Philip Sheppard at philip.sheppard@aim.be wrote:

Roger et al,

While we wait for Roger's proposal to go to the NC based on our discussions
I have been thinking a little more about the principles involved behind the
recommendation we agreed to.

We agreed to a revised set of estimated costs.  OK
We agreed to exclude web casting but include everything else including
outreach travel of $9000 (in addition to travel to meetings). OK (sort of)

We then agreed to make some assumptions in order to calculate the proposed
constituency contribution:
1. $120,000 is raised by voluntary contributions - OK
2. We have actual costs to date of $62,100 (Berkman centre web cast  + AFNIC
sec charge) - OK
3. The subs received to date (1999 +2000 = $98,589) are all we will get. ???
(If all 1999 + 2000 are paid we would receive $130,500).

I am not comfortable with a principle that we say to constituencies here is
the 2001 fee call which assumes that some of you did not (and will not?) pay
the 1999 or 2000 fees.  This is not a good principle. Nor is it conservative
budgeting. If we know there are defaulters in 2000, why assume they will pay
in 2001 ?  I would prefer to assume constituencies will pay what they agreed
to pay before we ask them for more.

Comments ?

(Also Roger, we need as a budget committee to agree to an explicit proposal
following the call we can recommend anything to the NC - we haven't seen
this yet).

Philip.

========
From Dany

I am afraid that the NCC is late for completing the payments.
I don't think we should hold others.
Doing so, we could end up with a frozen situation, because of one or two
constiutuency, preventing the DNSO to get any administrative support
Dany
=======

Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                Reseau National de Telecommunications
         pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                  |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme@renater.fr |  FRANCE