[nc-budget]

RE: [nc-budget] Job Description for DNSO Secretariat and translations

Thank you, collegues, for the inclusion of my suggested "translation" item.

It occurred to me that an approach to a number of universities might prove
fruitful.

Since the Internet phenomena has captured the hearts, minds, and, in some
cases, the wallets of a worldwide population, and universities have always
been early adopters, I'd suggest approaching, say a university in Warsaw to
do Polish translations, a university in Japan to do japanese translations,
etc.

The schools could assign teams of grad students in English to do the work
for course credit, and the professors could review and correct the output.

This process would also automatically create public relations, outreach, and
increase awareness of the role of ICANN.

Finally, the University (and the people involved) would receive recognition,
and the satisfaction of being a part of Internet policy formation.

To maintain control, we could then use our (limited, optional) funds to have
the final output reviewed by our own contractor, so that when published, we
would have as much certainty as we could regarding the accuracy.

Naturally, a disclaimer should be added "to protect the innocent"

peter de Blanc