From: Philip Sheppard [mailto:philip.sheppard@aim.be]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 4:47 AM
To: DNSO budget
Subject: [nc-budget] Budget Committee work plan

Roger et al,
apologies if this is history that I have missed as a result of joining the group late but I wanted to clarify that we have all agreed a work plan for the committee. From my understanding of the e-mails I have seen this looks like:

1. Write and agree Secretariat job description ( ALMOST DONE...DRAFT COMPLETE BY CHUCK WITH FINAL EDITING NOW UNDER WAY BY CHUCK DONE) and selection criteria for the position (IN HAND  WORK UNDERWAY IN A COMMITTEE CHAIRED BY ERICA led by Erica)

2.  Write, agree and execute  A RECRUITMENT PLAN AND A selection process for the position ( WORK UNDER WAY IN SAME COMMITTEE CHAIRED BY ERICA TO BE DONE)

3.  Funding. Write, agree and execute sponsors programme to get matching funding to NSI's $100k. ( ALMOST DONE...FINAL DISCLAIMERS/EDITS BEING COMPLETED BY CHUCK Final sponsors letter agreed and final version to be circulated - led by Chuck)

4. Establish NC bank account. (Roger has provided details of an internet-based Citibank account) and  WE'VE NEVER AGREED TO ASK ICANN TO TRANSFER FUNDS FROM THEIR ACCOUNT TO THIS NEW ONE AND DOING SO COULD RAISE SOME LEGAL ISSUES, SO I'D CHARACTERIZE THIS AS AN OPEN QUESTION ask ICANN to transfer funds they are holding per pro NC to it.

5. Establish a budget for the NC / DNSO which links to the Secretariat job description tasks and prioritise incremental funding to these tasks. (TO BE DONE)

Let me know if I have missed anything. As I am currently not leading any task I would be happy to volunteer to lead on task 5.

Philip.

Philip Sheppard
AIM - European Brands Association
9  av. des Gaulois  B-1040 Brussels