[icann-nominations] Nomination for ICANN Board

1.	Full name: Stratton Sclavos
2.	E-mail address: stratton@verisign.com
3.	Organization you work for (if apply): VeriSign Inc.
4.	Name of the person being nominated or supported: Donald N. Telage

I would like to add my support to the nomination of Don Telage for the ICANN
Board.  I have known Don for over 4 years and have watched with admiration
as he has tirelessly worked to promote the fair and balanced development of
policies related to the Domain Naming System.

I can think of no potential candidate who can bring as much technical,
operational and policy-related experience to the ICANN board as Don.
He has been President of Network Solutions and now serves as Senior Vice
President for Internet Affairs, the Chief Policy Officer position in NSI.
He has served on the Board of ARIN and was its founding director. He
is a member of the Names Council. He is a member of the ICANN funding task
force. I believe he would bring a broad perspective and unmatched expertise
to the board.

I also believe that Don has shown a commitment to constructive work within
the ICANN framework. He has proposed detailed procedures for development of
working group reports demonstrating (and facilitating)consensus. He has
participated in meetings that led to proposals regarding the structure of
the Supporting Organizations and the creation of the Independent Review
Panel. He has made important suggestions on issues ranging from the
structure of the ICANN Bylaws to the terms of ICANN's accreditation
agreements.

Lastly, I must say that on a personal level I have found Don to always act
with a high degree of integrity and compassion.  His ability to
constructively contribute to the development of ICANN and its policies, even
in the highly charged political spotlight of the last year, is a testament
to his personal resolve to do the right thing.  Don's presence on the Board
would help to assure that ICANN continues to develop as a legitimate,
effective, open and transparent institution that develops sound
consensus-based policies for all in the best interest of the Internet.

Sincerely,

Stratton Sclavos
CEO, VeriSign Inc.
Member of the Board, NSI