[icann-nominations] Support for Don Telage

1. Full name: David R. Johnson

2. E-mail address: djohnson@wilmer.com <mailto:djohnson@wilmer.com>

3. Organization you work for (if apply): Wilmer, Cutler & Pickering

4. Name of the person being nominated or supported: Donald N. Telage

I've met a lot of people involved in the DNS debates over the last few years
(long before I started, last August, to represent NSI). I've never been more
impressed with anyone's expertise, thoughtfulness and genuine commitment to
the good of the Internet than I have been with Don's.

I've seen him up close in meetings and negotiations that set the framework
for ICANN, resolved complex technical issues and covered far reaching
structural issues regarding Internet governance. He has the right instincts
and the experience and knowledge to make them effective. He was present at
the beginning of accellerated growth of technical and legal challenges to
the domain name system. He understands the coming issues regarding IP
allocation.

Most importantly, he understands the lesson that better, more open and
inclusive and thorough, processes can lead to greater legitimacy for ICANN.
He knows the Internet offers special opportunities for all of us -- and he
is committed to helping those opportunities become realities, not just
aspirations.