[gTLD-com]

[gtld-com] Regarding seeking public comment on thecommittee's draft

Milton,
thanks for your continued input into the work of the gTLDs committee. As chairman,  I am happy to adopt certain of your edits but not all.  I have included reference to constituencies opinion where we have received it; I do not believe it appropriate to speculate on opinion when it has not been provided - even if you hope it will support your personal vision of the future name space.

I do not support your contention that the committee has "gotten out of hand" nor your proposal to take a partial edit out of context and present it as the whole report. This would be a disservice to the Council and the Board.

Please remember what I have produced as a report is a DRAFT and an INTERIM report as our work is not yet finished. Other voices besides yours are still to be heard and the text is intended to help those voices comment on the issues covered.

Philip Sheppard
Chairman gTLDs Committee