[gTLD-com]

Re: [gtld-com] Commitee conclusions version 3

Good morning Philip,

Thank you for adding me to this group as observer.

As an observer I have one comment related to your document.

In item 3 ("3. Future names could be in any language ...")
you use the term "ASCII" with regard to
  * ASCII translation or transliteration
  * generic ASCII gTLD

I would like to suggest the very rigourous language here.
As a matter of fact ASCII is a set of 127 characters,
much more that what is used in domain name, and which is
called LDH - Letters-Digits-Hyphen.

A much more rigorous language of LDH is better, which I sometimes
complement as follows:

LDH - Letters-Digits-Hyphen, 26 Latin letters without diacritical marks,
10 Arabic digits and a hyphen "-", an universal subset of caracters
currently used for the global Internet domain names.

We shall note that hundreds of Latin characters based languages
use LDH.

Kind regards,
Elisabeth Porteneuve