[ga] The election of the DNSO representatives in the ICANN board...

Dear Michael and all fellows...

To all your questions, I would like to say "yes you are right".
In many times you are right.
And yes, I am a believer.
I believe that WE (you, me, all) must "correct" the things that are bad done,
and we must continue looking for a ICANN that is right, lawfull in mind and
spirit.
There has been an election process.
The power that the first 3 ICANN board directors will have is BIG.  Really Big.
If something has been done against the ICANN law, against the common sense,
we must discuss it, and we must CORRECT it.
ICANN process is not a perfect process, is the process that you, Michael, I, and all
the internet comunity is building day by day.
For sure that ALL the elected members (Alejandro, Amadeu, John) will not hesitate
to review the process and tell us if there is something that has been wrong.  They
are the FIRST ONES to be called to check if there is something wrong.
Second, the NC council members must tell us (to the General Assambly) if there has
been something wrong...
And WE, all together, the NC, the elected members, the GA, must correct what it has
been wrong.  It is our duty.
Yes, Michael.  I am a believer.  You are one too, arent you ?

Have a nice evening,

Javier

At 19/10/99 6:46:00 PM, you wrote:
>Javier Rodriguez escribio:
>>
>> This thing is something that would be neccesary to discuss...
>> some ideas ?
>
>Are you really so naive, Mr. Rodriguez, that you don't yet
>understand that all of ICANN's processes are fraught with
>irregularities, so that nothing that has been done by it or its
>subunits could pass the simplest test of legitimacy and democratic
>procedure?
>
>Weren't some DNSO candidates illicitly nominated by persons with no
>legitimate claim to participation in the DNSO or its constituencies?
>
>Isn't the process by which the Names Council rather than the General
>Assembly chooses the DNSO's Board seats in contradiction with the
>DNSO's founding principles? (I was in Singapore and was present at
>the debate and consensus-taking over this very point.)
>
>Aren't the Names Council members themselves illegitimately chosen,
>since it was they who determined the composition of their own
>constituencies, which elected them to the Names Council?
>
>Haven't the ICANN bylaws beeng continually rewritten to fit an
>illegitimate and indefensible situation - in which there is no
>bottom-up representation but exactly the contrary - post facto and
>apres coup (if I may mix metaphors and languages)?
>
>Why do you want, now, to discuss the removal of the new DNSO Board
>members from the NC? Because you naively still believe that due
>process means anything in this ludicrous insult to democracy?
>Because you want to still believe? Or because you want to cover up
>their and your sins?
>
>> >So, now that Mr.s Cohen and Abril have been officially elected to
>> >the ICANN BoD, may we expect that they'll immediately step down from
>> >their positions on the DNSO NC?  It's required by ICANN bylaws.
>> >

>> >When will the Registrars and IP Constituencies be holding elections
>> >to replace these NC members?  What is the timetable for them to do so?

>Michael Sondow           I.C.I.I.U.     http://www.iciiu.org
>Tel. (718)846-7482                        Fax: (603)754-8927

Javier Rodriguez                   jrl@mail.lima.net.pe
AXISNET
Peruvian Association of Internet Users and ISPs
Other duties:  eCOM-LAC     ISOC-PERU     IPCE