[ga] Jonathan Cohen, hander-out of domain names

Jonathan Cohen, quoted at the Industry Canada Domain and Trademark
Workshop, Ottawa 1997:
      "I don't think we should hand out domains with
       generic names, I mean some guy has patents.com
       and that's just not right."

What does Mr. Cohen, slated for a seat on the ICANN Board, mean by
"I don't think we should hand out domains"? Who is the "we"? ICANN?
The ICANN Board? Himself, Jon Cohen?

Is that Mr. Cohen's new function on the ICANN Board: to decide which
domain names are given out?

Michael Sondow           I.C.I.I.U.     http://www.iciiu.org
Tel. (718)846-7482                        Fax: (603)754-8927