Re: [ga] Privacy and Whois databases

They require disclosure of private customer information.  As I read them,
a registrar must put my home address and phone number on a world-readable
database (whois) and also sell it to bulk buyers.  This conflicts with how
both the French and German implementations have been explained to me,
although I emphasize this is all second-hand -- not the product of my own
research.

On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Mikael Pawlo wrote:

> At 22:52 1999-10-16 -0400, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
> >I think that the whois terms of service in ICANN's agreement with
> >NSI violate EU data protection law.
>
> Hmm - how did you reach such a conclusion?
>
> Regards,
>
> Mikael

>   ICQ:35638414                                mailto:mikael@pawlo.com
>                                               http://www.pawlo.com/

             -->     Hurricane gone. Puddles remain.   <--