Re: [ga] Privacy and Whois databases

But Marty, couldn't this be solved with the "opt out" options for
individuals who choose to be anonymous?

If an ecommerce vendor has chosen to make his identify and contact
information unavailable by opting out, isn't that a pretty strong signal to
the consumer to avoid him?

In addition, at least as far as secure transactions are concerned, the
secure Certificates (SSL) issued by Verisign and Thawte and others could be
seen as serving this kind of ecommerce identification service, I expect...

Best wishes,

Bill Semich
.NU Domain