Re: [ga] The North American DNSO BoD chair

Kent Crispin wrote:

>Please note that potentially similar actions on the part of Rick
>White's supporters have been heavily criticized, with at least one
>person stating that the election should be invalidated if Mr White
>was elected.   By that same reasoning, of course, the election would
>have to be invalidated if Karl were elected.

This is an inaccurate statement.  All candidates supporters must be
verified but it doesn't follow that all nominees would be invalidated.
Those who failed to receive 10 qualified support statements should have
their candidacy invalidated.  Those, like Karl, who went well beyond the
threshhold of ten supporters would be more likely to make the cut even if
it was learned that some of their supporters didn't meet the NC criteria.
Rick White, for example, only had 11 supporters, which means he has little
room for error.  That, in and of itself, would be a reason to encourage
more support submissions than then the exact ten required.

>Yes.  I am motivated by the attempt by Karl to pack the nominations
>by getting a large number of people to join the GA solely to support
>him.

This claim is unsupportable.  Karl has been a long and active participant
in these discussions and has broad support because of his interesting blend
of legal training and technical expertise.  OTOH, I learned that a
nominator of one of the candidates joined a constituency on the last day
that nominations could be submitted and an active campaign to flush out
support for that nominee immediately ensued.

What would you suggest the Names Council do, Kent, if we learned after the
elections that one of the new ICANN board members actually didn't meet the
nomination criteria?  There's always time to do things over but never time
to do them right!

Ellen Rony                         ____             The Domain Name Handbook
Co-author		       ^..^     )6     http://www.domainhandbook.com
+1 (415) 435-5010    	       (oo) -^--                     ISBN 0879305150
Tiburon, CA                        W   W               erony@marin.k12.ca.us
	   DOT COM is the Pig Latin of the Information Age