Re: [ga] The North American DNSO BoD chair

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 09:33:21AM +0200, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
[...]
> > Sorry, that doesn't follow.  All it indicates is that people who
> > support Karl took Roberto's idea to mind, and that most of the rest
> > didn't.  According to the *actual* rules of the game, 10 supporting
> > messages were all that were required, and after that there is no need
> > to send in any more.  So therefore, if your favorite candidate has
> > already got more than 10, no need for you to act...
>
> Thank you for giving me credit for the idea, but I think it is not deserved.
> Several people were thinking that the GA (i.e. the "ordinary people", that
> are not part of any constituency - yet) should have a more active role in
> the DNSO (maybe you too?).

I recall you making the specific suggestion.

Yes, I have been an advocate for the idea that the GA should be be
an at-large constituency, and I have argued for an at-large
constituency since Barcelona.

However, the scheme of trying to use the nomination process as a way
to finesse the vote is purely divisive, and has had the effect of
further polarizing the GA vs the Constituencies, and therefore,
ultimately, marginalizing the GA.