Re: RE: [ga] Proposed GA Adcom

On 06-Oct-99 Kent Crispin wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 11:01:00AM -0500, Javier Rodriguez wrote:
>>
>>But... hey! this is the General Asambly (sp!) List... so... are
>>sending to much
>>garbage each other ? is there the risk of a ton of messages every
>>day ?
>>I dont think so... I hope so!  I ask the list administrator to
>>change the system,
>>so the REPLY will go to the GA LIST
>
> There are many reasons not to do that.  See

I disagree.  This site was written by someone with a very narrow,
unix oriented view of how things should be run, and ignore the fact
that most people are not as technologically "literate" as they are.

Further, there are no "harms" from doing it this way, and indeed it
does make it easier for the list members, since the vast majority
of replies to list mail DO go back to the list. It also discourages
the practice of hitting reply-to-all to send a response from a
list, which means the original author AND the list get a copy, thus
annoying the original author who gets two copies of the messages.

Considering that on most lists private replies are the exception,
and not the rule, setting the reply-to header to the list makes
sense.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934