RE: [ga] Proposed GA Adcom

Dennis,

thanks for your note re moving constituency members to also participate in
the General Assembly. Though some people active in the GA may resent this
as too much "mainstreaming", I remain convinced that giving it a more
institutional character and a more rounded representation will in the long
run make it more able to contribute positively to the issues where it has
to.

In the long run I believe the DNSO must operate in good balance between
the constituencies and those matters which are in the GA's competency.
There is great danger in letting the GA become a "union of the
disenfranchised" in fact or even in perception.

Alejandro

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty,
     Director General de Servicios de Computo Academico
     (Director, Computing Academic Services)
     Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM)
     Ciudad Universitaria, 04510 Mexico City DF MEXICO

Tel. (+52-5) 622-8541, 622-8542; Fax 622-8540