<< Subj:     Re: [ga] nominations
 Date:  99-09-20 00:40:45 EDT
 From:  baptista@pccf.net (J. Baptista)
 To:    Dnsipv6@aol.com
 CC:    archives@pccf.net (ARD), ga@dnso.org (General Assembly of the DNSO)

 It's paranoia, a sad reflection on the international civil service.  I'll
 be honest, I was shicked a member of an ICANN committee would slander and
 libel us.  The bottom line in civil service survival is to say nothing,
 and when one has to talk what one say should have as little meaning as
 possible.

 Mr. Shaw missed that class, and now we have been permanently labeled
 spies.  An unfortunate situation at best.

 Cheers
 Joe Baptista

 --
 Planet Communication & Computing Facility           baptista@pccf.net
 Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext.

 On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 Dnsipv6@aol.com wrote:

 > Joe and everybody else,
 >
 >   Well it sure seems like this "Randy Bush" guy is a flake
 > to me.  Can't he figure out that just because you use
 > vrx.net, which I guess is owned by some guy named
 > Richard Sexton, has nothing to do with you that I can
 > see, unless this guy "Randy Bush" is a paranoid flake
 > like that Robert Shaw nut.

 > << Subj:     Re: [ga] nominations
 >  Date:  99-09-19 23:51:14 EDT
 >  From:  baptista@pccf.net (J. Baptista)
 >  To:    Dnsipv6@aol.com
 >  CC:    ga@dnso.org (General Assembly of the DNSO), archives@pccf.net (ARD)
 >

 >  On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 Dnsipv6@aol.com wrote:
 >
 >  > Joe and everyone else,
 >  >
 >  >   I don't see a "Richard" either.  Is this Randy guy a nut or
 >  > something?  Sure seems like it!
 >
 >  Oh no, Randy's ok.  He's not a nut.  It's just that Robert Shaw of the ITU
 >  (International Telecommunications Union) slandered and libeled us a week
 >  or so ago.  He claimed we were spies operating on behalf of Network
 >  Solution Inc. (the dot.com people).
 >
 >  I think randy is reffering to my ISP provider vrx.net, which is run by a
 >  Mr. Richard Sexton, who has (I think) consulted to NSI in the past.  I'm
 >  not sure on the last one, Richard business is not my business.  All I can
 >  tell you is that we've had different ISP's, and richard is an ISP's ISP,
 >  if you know what I mean.  He's reliable and very professional.
 >
 >  I can assure you we are not spy's for NSI.
 >
 >  Unfortunately people are making fools of themselves by believing this
 >  trash.  Mr. Shaw is a middle level international civil servant, pretty
 >  well protected in his position.  he's a member of the GAC, which is the
 >  government advisory committee to ICANN.
 >
 >  So, until we get some form of official retraction, were going to have to
 >  live with the fact that we have been labeled NSI Family Spies.
 >
 >  Those in the know will remember that when NSI was assigned the position of
 >  Internic, there were various rumours at that time that they were given the
 >  Internic as a retirement gift for NSF spies.  Esther Dyson and Michael
 >  Roberts two officers of ICANN have also been labeled in various
 >  disscussion groups as cia and military intellegence, respectively.
 >
 >  Being a part of the GA is like being on an X Files episode.  If you make a
 >  difference, no problem - your a spy.  I'm beginning to feel it's an
 >  occupational hazard.
 >
 >  Regards
 >  Joe
 >
 >  >
 >  > In a message dated 99-09-19 22:52:47 EDT, you write:
 >  >
 >  > << Subj:     Re: [ga] nominations
 >  >  Date:  99-09-19 22:52:47 EDT
 >  >  From:  baptista@pccf.net (J. Baptista)
 >  >  Sender:    owner-ga@dnso.org
 >  >  To:    randy@psg.com (Randy Bush)
 >  >  CC:    fanego@pccf.net (Sr. Francisco Fanego), ga@dnso.org
 >  >
 >  >  Randy, it's Joe and Frank here.  I don't see Richard, do you see
Richard?
 >  >
 >  >  In any event, it's you maybe happy with icann's finances, I'm not  I
want
 >  >  to know why it's costing us 5 million to run a rinky dink operation
which
 >  >  only requires 600,000/yr.  So if your happy with an operating increase
of
 >  >  830% may I suggest you stay out of financial discussions.  I don't
think
 >  >  your qualified here, the art department is done the hall, engineering
in
 >  >  the rear.
 >  >
 >  >  Sorry Randy, but this is a critical issue.  5 million today, 500
million
 >  >  tommorrow, that is the nature of governing bodies.
 >  >
 >  >  regards
 >  >  Joe Baptista
 >  >
 >  >  On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Randy Bush wrote:
 >  >
 >  >  > > Is ICANN accountable to me and the internet community - or is it
 >  >  > > accountable to the doc?  If it's accountable to me and the internet
 >  >  > > community, I want to see that accountability in the form of a
 > financial
 >  >  > > statement.
 >  >  > >
 >  >  > > If ICANN is accountable and run by the DOC, then I have a right to
 > access
 >  >  > > that information via an FOI request.  It damed if you do and damed
if
 > you
 >  >  > > don't either way.
 >  >  >
 >  >  > talking to yourself again, richard?  and you still don't make much
 > sense.
 >  >  >
 >  >  > i already know more than i care about icann's finances.  the issue
 > me is
 >  >  > getting enough sane folk on the board to plan and budget sensibly.
and
 >  >  > standing around bitching and moaning does not strike me as a
productive
 > way
 >  >  > to do so.  in fact, it seems the opposite, to be distraction action.

 > but
 >  >  > this is not new for you, is it.
 >  >  >
 >  >  > randy
 >  >  >
 >  >   >>
 >  > David "Dude" Jenson
 >  >

 >  Cheers
 >  Joe Baptista
 >
 >  --
 >  Planet Communication & Computing Facility           baptista@pccf.net
 >  Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext.
 > 1033
 >   >>
 > David "Dude" Jenson

 David "Dude" Jenson