Re[2]: [IDNO-DISCUSS] RE: [ga] BIND 1999 Survey and ICANN Support (fwd)

Thursday, September 09, 1999, 5:02:33 AM, J. Baptista <baptista@pccf.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Sep 1999 R.Gaetano@iaea.org wrote:

>> J. Baptista wrote:
>> >
>> > A list of groups identified as having an interest in our
>> > bind99 database
>> > are listed at the following schedule.
>> >
>> > http://www.pccf.net/correspondence/bind99/groups_to_invite.txt
>> >
>> > Formal notice will be provided to group representatives later
>> > this month.
>> >

>> As noted already on the IFWP, where this message first appeared, this list
>> does not contain the names of organizations that have shown or declared an
>> interest in the bind99 database, but a raw list of organizations that PCCF
>> thinks they should have an interest.
>>
>> In fact, some of the organizations listed don't even know of the initiative,
>> let alone having whatsoever interest in it.

> Your questions above have already been addressed, see prior email
> communications from me.

> Cheers
> Joe Baptista

That would be the one that was intentionally misleading?

> A list of groups identified as having an interest in our bind99 database
> are listed at the following schedule.

This sentence implies that those groups have express an "interest" and
your implication is that they MUST have an interest, simply because
you identity them.

Fortunately none of the groups on that list see PCCF as anything to
take seriously, or you might have found yourself on the receiving end
of demands to remove names from your notices unless you make it
perfectly clear that those groups have not expressed any interest in ,
nor any support for, your project(s).

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

Join DNSPolicy.com's discussion list!