Re: [ga] DNSO General Assembly - Revised Agenda

At 09:49 PM 18/08/1999 +0100, Dennis Jennings wrote:

>I think perhaps some people may misunderstand the necessity for
>this agenda item.  The ICANN Board's proposal for (rushed)
>elections has the most serious implications for the credibility of the
>DNSO and for ICANN.  There are a quite number of people who
>consider that the ICANN Board's proposal should be rejected, and
>a more reasonable timescale adopted.

Alternatively, it could be stipulated that the representatives elected will
hold office only on an interim basis (say 3 months, like the IDNO has done
for it's initial steering committee) and that the first tentative elections
will be followed by fresh elections once the membership has grown
sufficiently to yield credibility.
In this way the danger of capture by the constituency initiators is
mitigated.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org