Re: [ga] NC violations of ICANN charters

On 9 August 1999, Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com> wrote:

>You missed section 2e:
>
>  (e) The NC shall forward to the Board, from among those persons
>  nominated by the GA, its selection(s) for the Director(s) to fill
>  any open Board position(s) reserved for the DNSO.  Any such
>  selection(s) must have the affirmative votes of at least one-half
>  (1/2) of all the members of the NC.

You're right, I did miss that.  At the very least this should be
located in, or referenced by, the section I quoted.  What, if any,
is the procedure for submitting requests for bylaws amendments?

>It is the NC that selects the actual Directors, from the candidates
>nominated by the GA.  It is true that the NC must specify a
>procedure whereby the GA can submit nominations.  For example, the
>NC could send a message to the ga list saying "please submit your
>nominations.  No more than one nomination per member.
>
>Note that the NC is not even required to vote on every nominee...

Hm.  Good points, and I'm not too sure how comfortable I am with
any of them.

--
Mark C. Langston	     			Let your voice be heard:
mark@bitshift.org				     http://www.idno.org