[ga] Re: Revised Agenda proposal

Alf,

Thanks.  The time allocated for the DNSO GA has to be changed -
it is far too short.  We need a full day.  The schedule will have to be
re-arranged.

Dennis

Date sent:      	Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:51:13 +0200
From:           	Alf Hansen <Alf.Hansen@uninett.no>
Subject:        	Re: Revised Agenda proposal
To:             	Dennis.Jennings@ucd.ie
Copies to:      	ga@dnso.org, wwtld@ripe.net

> Dennis,
>
> Except for the timing, (DNSO GA is between 14:00-17:00) I like your
> agenda very much. The obectives for each item is clear and there is a
> time limit for each item. I am not sure if it will be possible to
> squeeze your 5 hour agenda into the available 3 hours, but it is worth
> trying.
>
> Best regards,
> Alf Hansen                     Mail address:
>                                   UNINETT FAS
> http://domen.uninett.no/~alf/     N-7465 Trondheim, Norway
>                                Visiting Address:
> Direct phone: +47 73 55 79 21     Tempeveien 22, 4th floor
> Mobile:       +47 91 64 13 27     Trondheim, Norway
> Fax:          +47 73 55 79 01  E-mail:
> Switch board: +47 73 55 79 00     alf.hansen@uninett.no
>
> Dennis Jennings wrote:
> > I look forward to your comments.
> >
> > Dennis
> >
> > P.S. Please feel free to broadcast this e-mail message widely as the DNSO GA list has barely tw
o hundred members and is therefore quite unrepresentative at this time.
> > -------------
> > Agenda for DNSO General Assembly
> >
> > 09:00 Appointment of Chairman
> > (Objective – a neutral chairman for the day)
> >
> > 09:15 Report from the ICANN Board
> > (Objective – an update on the ICANN Board’s Requests to the DNSO)
> >
> > 09:30 Report from the Interim Names Council
> > (Objective – a progress report on the proposals for the administration of the DNSO)
> >
> > 10:00 Report from the DNSO Constituency Meetings
> > (Objective – to provide the General Assembly with a understanding of each DNSO Constituency, it
s membership, its priority issues, etc. To provide a report on the Constituency elections to the Na
mes Council (electorate, voting procedures, etc.))

> > 10:45 Coffee
> >
> > 11:15 Review of Working Groups
> > Working Groups established by the Interim Names Council
> > Working Groups proposed at public informal meeting held after Berlin DNSO General Assembly
> > (Objective – to scope the current work of the DNSO and to establish who is already involved and
 working on the issues identified. To identify current working group leaders and members.)

> > 12:30 Lunch
> >
> > 13:30 Break-out Sessions for Working Groups
> > (Objective – Identification of consensus to date and outstanding work items. To identify releva
nt background documentation, etc.)

> > 15:30 Reports from the Working Group Sessions
> > (Objective – Brief status reports to General Assembly with pointers to further information for
interested individuals).

> > 16:30 Open Forum Discussion
> > (Objective – to catch anything otherwise being missed)
> >
> > 17:30 Close

Dennis M. Jennings
Director, Computing Services, University College Dublin.
Address:  Daedalus Building, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
E-mail:  Dennis.Jennings@ucd.ie
Telephone:  +353-(1) 706 7817
Fax:        +353-(1) 706 2362