[ga] Re: Coments about proposal of modifications/additions to origin al drafts

Mark and all,

Mark Perkins wrote:

> I disagree with Jeff.
>
> The reason that for constituencies is to ensure that differing interest
> groups come up with their own views / stands / policies.

  Good point but fails under the requirements of the White Paper and the
NTIA/ICANN MoU, unfortunately.  There is no concern/view/policy/stand
by any constituency that cannot be taken by another or disagreed to
by another either that should preclude active participation of companies
that may have many different aspects to their structure, commercial,
non-commercial alike.  INEGroup, for instance is one such organization
for instance.  Hence Kathy's contention is invalid on that point as well,
as is you response in part, here Mark...

> Thus it is very
> important to distinguish "stakeholders" from differing constituencies. IE.
> surely we do not want a situation where a minority of NCDNH members are
> drowned out by commercial constituency observers (even if the latter
> mascarade under non-commercial faces).

  My original response and the use of the term "Stakeholders" in generic
in nature and not necessarily directly related to a constituency...

> In my experience there are 2 types of observer: speaking rights, non
> speaking rights. Even these can usually be silenced or excluded from certain
> discussions or have their rights revoked for disruptive behaviour.

  Under the requirements of the White Paper and the MoU there are to
be NO distinguishing of "Types" of speaking.  Hence I find this comment
as related to my original response wholly inappropriate and not relevant.

> The above does not necessarily represent the views of my employer (nor
> do my employers views necessarily represent mine).

  I am sure they don't!  >;)