ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

[ga] Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 13:35:15 -0600

RE: Ticket # 1-138399856 (polomania.com)

To Verisign Resolutions;
Yesterday, Sunday July 6th 2003 I contacted Verisign at 888-642-9675 because
a domain I previously owned and lost to a domain squatter in 2001 should
have become available per the 5 day ICANN rule (The domain was Pending
Delete on June 30th, 2003).

I was told that if the domain was still listed as PENDINGDELETE in the
registry at www.nsiregistry.com then it was not available for registration.
I was also told to that there was nothing else that Verisign could do and to
contact my registrar of choice to resolve the issue.

I contacted my registrar www.buydomains.com and they reiterated that if
www.nsiregistry.com listed the domain as PENDINGDELETE that the domain was
not available for registration.

Today the www.nsiregistry.com shows that the parent company of my registrar
www.domaindiscover.com registered the domain yesterday.

I contacted www.domaindiscover.com this morning and they advised me that
they had no idea how they got the domain. They said they have no customer of
record and they would research and call me back. I have since contacted them
two more times and they continue to claim that they don't know how they
registered the domain without a customer requesting it.

It appears to me that www.domaindiscover.com worked in collusion with
www.buydomains.com and most probably Verisign to circumvent the ICANN
registration process to obtain the domain polomania.com and deny me my right
to register it.

1. How did www.domaindiscover.com register the domain yesterday if as I was
told it could not be registered while it was PENDINGDELETE?

2. How did www.domaindicover.com register the domain without having a
customer of record request it?

3. How do I resolve this matter without having to file suit collectively
against Verisign, buydomains, and domaindiscover?

David Cook
dcook@cecilia.com
1-800-CECILIA