ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

Re: [ga] A story about Whois and privacy

Dear Sir;

We must let rules of ages solve these problems and not try to change them in
order to satisfy our internet agendas.
Cheating someone or stealing from them is criminal in civilized countries.
Theft of Identity is wrong - whether it be Verisign or criminals as you
describe.  Using it for profit is wrong whether it is spam or credit card
charges.

OTOH agreements allowing it should be honored.  I hope to create a whois
that cannot be abused at dotVN.com  But I tell you it is hell trying to
balance all interests and meet International standards.

My father told me; "a lock stops an honest man"
With understanding and open communications perhaps we will create more
honesty.

Eric Dierker

Much deleted