ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

[ga] Responsiveness and ICANN

Dear Dr Twomey

I've just located your e-mail via ICANN's site, so I'm forwarding the thread
below, and I respectfully ask if you could get me some considered responses
(not necessarily yourself).

I've been trying (for over a year) to get responses from ICANN staff and
Board on two enquiries. The first concerns the publication of Registry
Evaluation Reports on the New gTLDs (Appendix U of ICANN/Registry
Agreement). I made direct requests for this data to the ICANN Board through
2002 and into this year. The second concerns substantial and documented
issues of registrar fraud and problems of process in the release of New
TLDs, which I addressed to Dan Halloran as ICANN's Registrar Liaison over a
year ago, asked for repeatedly through 2002 and into this year. These
requests have been copied and published (several times) on the GA lists,
ICANN's NewTLD Public Forum, and at ICANNWatch.

I have tried to participate in an informed manner, particularly on the issue
of NewTLDs, have been elected twice as an At Large representative, and lead
a normal and rational life offline, as a married father of 3, former prison
governor, now working in education.

I shall keep trying to get detailed responses to the specifics of my
questions, because I feel ICANN staff have evaded the issues I have raised.

Kind regards and my best wishes for your challenging new role,

Richard Henderson

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Further to my post (below) does anyone have Paul Twomey's e-mail so I can
forward my mail direct to him, or can someone do this for me, or is Paul
reading this list himself? I'd really appreciate his response on this.
(e-mail now found...)

Responsiveness is an issue mentioned by Nancy Victory / DoC and an issue
Paul himself has mentioned. As it is now over a year since I raised this
matter of Registry Evaluation reports, and as I've also been waiting over a
year for a response (or even acknowledgement) from Dan Halloran on
substantial issues of fraud involving some of his accredited registrars, I
am hoping Paul can - as a matter of principle and good intent - expedite

Call me old-fashioned and British, but simple courtesy costs nothing, and I
can't understand what Dan finds so disagreeable about responding to my
serious, relevant, and considered mail.

Richard Henderson