ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

[ga] Olympic Hymn [continued]

Using an interesting facility called "The Wayback Machine"
I have found the following regarding the British Olympic
Association's webpages (specifically the contents of the
page now found at:
http://www.olympics.org.uk/olympicmovement/olympicmovement.asp
that is, the page where they are currently displaying my
uncredited translation of Costis Palamas' Olympic Hymn).

Please go here to see what I mean:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.olympics.org.uk/olympicmovement/olympicmovement.asp

The first archived instance of the web page in question is
from Jul 14, 2001, and in the section "Olympic Hymn" it
contains a DIFFERENT translation from the one currently
displayed (i.e. my own).

The second available archive instance is from Aug 05, 2001
and again, it does not contain my version of the
translation but rather, it contains the same one as the
preceeding date.

On Aug. 6, 2001 I sent the following message (containing
my translation) to the Classics-L academic list:
http://omega.cohums.ohio-state.edu:8080/hyper-lists/classics-l/01-09-01/0217.html
As well, I have a copy of an email I sent to Isidoros at
ioniccentre@hol.gr from Aug 6, 2001 which contains my
translation.  Also, on Aug. 7, 2001 I sent a digitally
certified email to the publisher Aristide Caratzas (as
mentioned in my previous email) which contained my
translation.  On Aug. 8, 2001 I responded onlist on
Classics-L to questions about my translation from Dr.
Rudolph Masciantonio.

The third referenced copy from the "Wayback Machine"
archive of the same BOA web page from Oct 31, 2001 is
unavailable.

The fourth archived instance of the same web page is from
Feb 22, 2002, and it contains MY translation (without any
credit to myself)!

So, my transltion has been on their web site for about 1
year, for sure.  They replaced a previous translation with
my own.

How do you like that?

Sotiris Sotiropoulos