ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

RE: [ga] WHOIS accuracy, and name deletions

We are forgetting a few things here:

Domains that have invalid data sometimes (often) Are registered with a
"faulty" credit card.
They are only used for a short period of time, usually no longer then a
few weeks.
Furthermore in the suggested method I could easily take out bunches of
domains (again with "faulty cc data") and block the domains for any
extended period.

And not in the least:

When registering a domain you enter a legal agreement, not giving the
correct data is definitely against the law, whether you like what they
do with the data or not, that is a separate case all together.

However what everyone seems to ignore:
If a domain is registered and paid for by cc (the most ?) then a valid
data set should already be available, checked and counterchecked for
security and charge-backs.

Having a check at that level means that there will be a lot less invalid
whois fields.

The remainder can easily fall under any kind of policy whereby I support
that notification should be done according to a set of agreed upon
rules, and accounting for mail delivery to anywhere on earth.

Kind regards

Abel