ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

Re: [ga] WHOIS comments archive -- not updating? or a Ruse?

Marilyn and all,

  Marilyn, these requests were made to the secretariat back in
Oct. '02 without correction.  As Thomas suggested and you acknowledged,
that the comment period which ends on the 9th of this month it seems
unlikely that the corrections for the at least two months of comments
and input sent to the comments-whois@dnso.org "Black Hole" ML
will be rectified in time and the missing archives or posts
to comments-whois@dnso.org  still have not been corrected
sense John Berryhill requested back on Oct. 17th.  As you and the
Whois TF members are responsible for taking in comments and input
it would be incumbent upon you and the NC chair to see to it
this problem is corrected and was corrected long before now
or as far back as Oct. 17th.

  This continuing sort of problem does not breed confidence in
the Whois Task Force's abilities, level of personal responsibility,
or professionalism to the registrants of whom have an interest.

  Missing posts to comments-whois@dnso.org "Black Hole" ML
that I am aware of or seem to not be archived in the
thus far indicated archive URL's, and were separately also
sent to comments-whois@dnso.org "Black Hole" ML
are as follows but not complete:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg00818.html
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg00822.html
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg00840.html
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg00876.html
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg00949.html

  Abrogating responsibility for such at this late date seems
only to tacitly indicate that a lack or professional conduct
 and real interest in stakeholder/registrant input is evident.

  Therefore Marilyn I have a 9 yr old daughter that can take
care of this matter if Thomas, Andrew, the secretariat, or any other
member of the Whois Task force is unable to handle this
task expeditiously if she may have a temporary password
by which she can log in to the server and make the necessary
and indicated needed corrections that are now long overdue.

  After all we would not want the Whois Task force members
to miss any input or make decisions for some millions of
Registrants in a vacuum, now would we?  >;)

Cade,Marilyn S - LGA wrote:

> Jeff, George,
>
> I have copied the DNSO Secretariat, who maintains the lists. As you are
> aware, all web site and listserv administrative support to the NC TF's is provided by the DNSO secretariat.
>
> Complaints regarding the archives, or missing postings should be sent to the DNSO Secretariat, so that she can correct the archives as appropriate.
>
> Thank you for calling this to my attention, but again, corrections to the archives have to be sent to the secretariat so that it can be rectified.
>
> Marilyn Cade

Jeffrey A. Williams