Re: [ga] WHOIS INTERIM REPORT OPEN for PUBLIC COMMENT

Vittorio and all assembly members, stakeholders or other interested parties,

  Thank you for again pointing to you comments/suggestions regarding
the WHOIS INterim Report.  They were interesting re-reading.  I for
one did read them originally as well as filed them in my database
for future reference.

  As has been the ICANN BoD's and Staff's long standing practice
of being very selective in the suggestions/comments and questions submitted
via their "Black Hole" public comment E-Mail addresses, you nor
any other stakeholders/user should be very surprised as to the
lack of good policy in considering public stakeholder/user input
from ICANN.

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> Dear Task Force,
>
> while reading your Interim Report, I noticed inside it the following summary
> of my previous comments:
>
> >·        August 28, 2002: Comments of Vittorio Bertola
> >
> >Could not access the comments.  The attached document was encrypted in Bin-Hex format which my computer was unable to decrypt.
>
> Unfortunately, no one from the Task Force ever contacted me to check what
> happened to the file, or ask to resubmit my comments in a different format.
> Moreover, I had also sent the comments to the GA list in plain text format:
>
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc10/msg03717.html
>
> While I understand that members of the Task Force are busy and occupied in
> lots of other activities, and that they don't necessarily read all the posts
> on the GA list, and that in the future I should limit myself to plain text
> rather than Word documents, it is a little frustrating to spend some hours
> in reviewing and commenting a document only to discover after two months
> that your comments were never even opened - especially when the lack of
> participation in policy-making processes by members of the user community is
> often used as an instrument to justify the ongoing reduction of their weight
> inside ICANN.
>
> I hope that you will now be able to load the aforementioned URL in your
> browser and give a chance to my comments too (and to any updated comments
> which I may submit in the next days).
>
> Thanks,
> --
> vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
> --------> http://bertola.eu.org/ - Archivio FAQ e molto altro... <--------

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801