Re: [ga] Internationalized Domain Names deployed

Dear Mr. Seng,

You do not get the big picture.
It is not a decision by one country it is an agreement between many.
We get together and decide between many what will work best.
And then we implement.
BTAs and the WTO and the IMF do not care about one country.
We care about commerce.  Which in turn fixes things like aids and SARS
through the WHO.  Which in turn argues about genetically altered foods and
human rights.
ICANN has many faults but geographic representation and diversification are
not amoung them.  I am sorry to inform you but even the great international
organization called ASEAN (association of southeast Asian Nations) uses
English as their common language.
It would do you well to contact some people regarding our hard driven
interests in global equality before making such a statement.