[ga] "...ICANN has no jurisdiction..." ?

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg21020.html
From: "vinton g. cerf" <vinton.g.cerf@mci.com>
"this is NOT an ICANN problem - ICANN has no jurisdiction at the email level."
====
"...ICANN has no jurisdiction..." ?

"jurisdiction" ???...
"1. : the power, right, or authority to interpret and apply the law.
2. : the authority of a sovereign power to govern or legislate
3. : the limits or territory within which authority may be exercised : CONTROL"
[Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary]
=====

Is ICANN now part of the U.S. judicial system ?

Does the U.S. Government now use ICANN (and the RIRs) as a tool to enforce laws ?

Is ICANN a law enforcement organization (LEO) ?

Is the ICANN staff and board briefed on U.S. Government Homeland security matters and National Security ?
====

http://www.forbes.com/asap/2002/1007/042.html
"...they were delighted when I returned later, bringing with me a platoon of Internet gurus, including Esther Dyson, Mitch Kapor,
Tony Rutkowski, and Vint Cerf. They sealed us into an electronically impenetrable room to discuss the radical possibility that a
good first step in lifting their blackout would be for the CIA to put up a Web site."
=====

http://www.isi.edu/news/LABJSchorr.html
"This is all run by government money, essentially."

Jim Fleming
http://www.IPv8.info