[ga] UDRP dead? Is the dot-biz registry typosquatting on AT&T's trademarks?

Hi,

As reported on ICANNWatch, the dot-biz registry is redirecting ALL
unregistered domains to money-making webpages (pay-per-click, powered
by Looksmart). For instance, I'm not sure that AT&T will be happy that:

http://wwwatt.biz/

is being typo-squatted upon by the registry.

The same happens for other TM domains, e.g.

http://wwwmicrosoft.biz/
http://wwwpepsi.biz/

etc.

Besides breaking technical standards, I'd be curious to know how the IP
constituency feels about this typo-squatting. It certainly provides a
great precedent that respondents can use at UDRP, as they point to the
behaviour of the registry itself.

I also wonder if AT&T will start putting commercials on unallocated
telephone numbers, instead of just the message that "the number you
have dialed is not in service"....

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/