Re: [ga] Website creator jailed

Joanna Lane wrote:

>Huang Qi has been sentenced to five years in prison for subversion.
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3039041.stm

What happens to people who break the law in the US and get caught?
 Don't they go to jail too?  Mr. Qi knew the rules, yet he allowed the
articles to appear on his website.  If someone runs a website in the US
and they allow visitors to post child pornography and do nothing about
it, are they not guilty of a crime?

>When he went on trial in February, Mr Huang's wife Zeng Li, quoted by the
>French news agency AFP, said her husband looked very weak when he was led to
>the courthouse. She said he had been beaten in jail, had lost a tooth and
>had a scar on his forehead from the blows.
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/1167050.stm

I hope none of you believe that going to jail in the US is some kind of
holiday experience...

In any event, China is a sovereign nation with its own government and
its own laws.  If the Chinese, the most populous nation on the planet,
don't like the way their country's being run, they can always change it
themselves.  It is not up to the US, ICANN, or us to re-make the world
in America's image.

--Sotiris Sotiropoulos