Re: [ga] GoDaddy: "We adamantly oppose the WLS as proposed and intend to use any means available to block its implementation"

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 11:04  AM, John Berryhill Ph.D. J.D. wrote:

> 3. The method of claim 1 wherein said checking includes pinging a
> registrar.
>
> 4. The method of claim 1 wherein said checking includes substantially
> contemporaneous pinging of multiple registrars.
>
> 5. The method of claim 1 wherein said checking includes pinging a
> registry.

Have they defined what they mean as "pinging"?

The accepted meaning in the technical world is sending and receiving an
ICMP message, which does nothing more that confirm that you have a
route to a host and that host is responding to said ICMP "ping".

You can "ping" a registrar until you're blue in the face, but it won't
result in any domains being registered.