[ga] Re: Even Handed Application of The Rules (Yes or No? - We shall see) (was Re: [ga] Posting rights of Jeff Williams suspended for 14 days).

At 06:52 a.m. 7/05/2003, George Kirikos wrote:

>It'd only be against the rules if making preposterous claims of
>representing 129,000 members is also against the rules.

Good rules incorporate a procedure to challenge false statements, which are
a  bigger and more insidious problem than  insults and ad-hominems that
generally backfire on the offender.
A statement, when challenged, must be proven true by the maker of the
statement, or else.

BTW, as a matter of interest, a poll among icannatlarge listmembers
revealed that more than 63% are in favor of a mailing list with Rules.
The comments are of interest.
http://www.icannatlarge.com/results-may4a.htm

-joop-