Re: [ga] Posting rights of Jeff Williams suspended for 14 days.

On 6 May 2003 at 15:26, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> > From where I sit, it seems that working from within ICANN will take an
> > enormous amount of time and effort for a dubious, and probably dismal,
> > result.
>
> I basically agree but it has nothing to do with Joe Baptista's sexist
> comments or Jeff Williams' empty and unsubstantial messages.

Okay, so you object to ad hominems.  I don't like them either.  OTOH,
unsubstantial messages are annoying, but not reason for suspension.  I
filter messages.  I see no need to suspend people from posting.  That's
what filters are for.

As for Joe's posts, I try to read the content and ignore the ad hominems.
He has a point most of the time, but people tend to see just the sarcasm.
I won't defend the personal language or sexist remarks, but will defend
the message.  His style leaves a lot to be desired, but that's Joe.

Jeff's posts are mostly "me too" posts and I generally don't even see
them.

In any case, I still just use filters and would not suspend posters just
because they offend my sensibilities.  I try to not feed the trolls
either. :)

Leah