RE: [ga] Adam Peake elected to Board?

On Thu, 1 May 2003, at 23:55 [=GMT-0400], Neuman, Jeff wrote:

> In my view, Alejandro did not need to be nominated separately.  That is not
> spin, but the truth. In addition, I have been following the NCUC discussion
> and Mr. Peake has declined his nomination.  I am not sure if this has
> changed since his last posting.
>
> Danny, there is no conspiracy here.

I think you are right about that. On the other hand, it is a bit of a
pity, that Dr. Pisanty is elected without any opponent(s). He is the major
architec and builder of the ERC. It would not have been bad, if he had
been given an opportunity to explain and defend his role, and give us an
idea about his plans for the future of ICANN in a debating context.

A lost opportunity. For all of us.