Re: [ga] On the ALAC's Request for Comments

Elliot and all former DNSO GA members,

  INEGroup is not interested in the present form of the ALAC.  We
are on record in that position.  We are on record as recognizing that
the ALAC is devoid of openness, and transparency, has thus far
to make available it's full archives of it's so called ML, is basically
a creature of Ester Dyson and Denise Michel, and is as Danny
rightly points out not representative in any legitimate way of
stakeholders/users....  Basically it is a "Club" not an organization..

elliot noss wrote:

> .....and all that just to keep the INEG Group from qualifying.
>
> On Monday, April 21, 2003, at 08:24 PM, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>
> > This moronic plan surely must have been conceived by the feeble-minded
> > idiots
> > and stooges that participated as members of the At-Large Assistance
> > Group --
> > it has all the hallmarks of a document hand-written by ICANN staff and
> > rubber-stamped by the ICANN Board's hand-picked puppets (who
> > apparently are
> > too ignorant or too naive to understand that they are only being used
> > as a
> > conveniently pliable tool to promote the fiction that ICANN is in
> > compliance
> > with task number nine under the Memorandum of Understanding with the
> > U.S.
> > Department of Commerce).
> >
> > Having witnessed the complete and total elimination of all public
> > representation on the ICANN Board these fools on the At-Large Advisory
> > Committee now expect the Internet community to rally around a top-down
> > effort
> > designed to asininely further complicate communication between
> > individual
> > users and members of the ICANN Board.
> >
> > In the past, any individual user could write a letter to ICANN and feel
> > confident that they would be ignored (as it has become rather apparent
> > that
> > ICANN only bothers to pay attention to those special-interest groups
> > it deems
> > to be "stakeholders" in its Cartel).  Now one has to do all of the
> > following
> > in order to achieve the same outcome:
> >
> > 1.  First one must find a noncommercial entity to join.
> > 2.  Next, one needs to convince the members of this non-profit group
> > that
> > they must post on their website information that pertains to ICANN
> > activities/issues, and further convince them to offer Internet-based
> > discussion mechanisms so that such activities/issues may be evaluated.
> > 3.  Then it next becomes necessary to convince this noncommercial
> > group that
> > they must provide information on the group's general funding sources
> > to the
> > ALAC (so that this Committee of pseudo-accountants/analysts can
> > ostensibly
> > come to a determination as to whether the non-profit has commitments or
> > obligations that would conflict with its ability to involve and
> > represent
> > individual constituents' interests).
> > 4.  At this point, one must now confirm that somewhere on the
> > non-profit
> > group's website is an articulation of its non-commercial goals and
> > structure,
> > a description of constituent group(s), its working mechanisms,
> > leadership,
> > and contact(s) -- unlike the ALAC which has no posted working
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801