Re: [ga] so you want to become a registry?

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 02:56:05PM -0800,
 Doug Mehus <dmehus@shaw.ca> wrote
 a message of 34 lines which said:

> Very cool stuff, Danny! Now, if only we can convince all of the
> major ccTLD administrators to use OpenReg as their Registry software,
> we'd be doing well.

I agree that OpenReg is a very good program but I'm not sure that most
of the users are really interested in what program we run. We should
discuss of the *features* and *services* offered by the Registry, the
actual software is less important.

> I'm Canadian, and I know that it would be awesome
> if CIRA decided to use OpenReg. Imagine... a .ca domain name becoming
> active in only a few short minutes. ;)

I do not see the connection between using OpenReg and activating the
domain in a few minutes. With OpenReg, you run the zone file generator
when you decide and it can be only once a week...