From: Jeff Williams [mailto:jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 1:22 PM
To: Neuman, Jeff
Cc: Gomes, Chuck; ga@dnso.org; icann board address
Subject: Re: [ga] Contemplated Registry Fees

Jeff and all former DNSO GA members,

Neuman, Jeff wrote:

> I am sorry, Jeff, I must have missed something.  Explain to me why the
> Registry should pay for a dispute process that involves Registrars and
> Registrants.

  If the registries and/or the Registrars are going to handle these disputes
themselves, and they, the registries are at fault, than they should bare
the expense.  I Believe I stated either the Registry OR the Registrar
in my comments below, Mr. Nueman.  If you read my comments
below closely you will have noticed I stated:
"In some cases that will be the Registry or Registrar.  In others it
will be the Registrant. "

  Hence in the future, Mr. Nueman, it may be advantageous for you
to read what I said closely so as not to accidentally or otherwise
misconstrue what I did state clearly and concisely...

  Thank you for your cooperation in such instances in advance,
for the future.  >;)

Transfers
> > > Final Report -- If, as the language of the recommendation indicates, a
> > > dispute resolution may be administered by a "pertinent Registry", the
> > > presumption is that the Registry is entitled to set a fee for such
> > services.
> > > As in the case of the Redemption Grace Period (where a registry has
set
> an
> > > initial $85 charge and then registrars proceed to gouge the registrant
> > the
> > > full extent of their greed), I fully expect to see registrars
continuing
> > > screw registrants in similar fashion via the transfers dispute
> resolution
> > > process.
> > >
> > > As the cost analysis in the Transfers report fails to address this
> issue,
> > > could you perhaps hazard a guess as to the amount of the fee to be set
> by
> > > Registry for such services?  This will then help to determine the
level
> of
> > > extortion we can ultimately expect from registrars in the transfers
> > dispute
> > > process.
> > > --
> > > This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Jeffrey A. Williams
> > Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 129k members/stakeholders strong!)
>
> Regards,
> --
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 129k members/stakeholders strong!)
> CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
> E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801

Jeffrey A. Williams