From: "Support" <support@neulevel.biz>
To: <owner-ga@dnso.org>
Cc: <ga@dnso.org>; <steinle@smartvia.de>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 10:47 AM
Subject: RE: {Registry#213-999} remove bulk access

Dear Simon,

We refer to your response to your customer below, in which you claim that
the .BIZ registry had declined your request, on behalf of your customer, to
have their information removed from bulk WHOIS. Your response was inaccurate
because NeuStar Registry Services, which runs the .BIZ  and .US registries,
does not keep bulk WHOIS.

Please note the following facts for future purposes:

1. the .BIZ and .US registries only operate and maintain the public whois;
we do not have a bulk WHOIS.
2. registrars maintain their own individual bulk WHOIS records for sell to
interested parties. By opting out of that bulk WHOIS, a registrant removes
its name from the bulk WHOIS that registrars sell to purchasers.
3. as of today (February 13, 2003) a registrant cannot opt out of the public
whois for either .US or .BIZ.  These policies are set by the (US) Department
of Commerce and ICANN, respectively.
4. Registrars are responsible for providing bulk whois access, as outlined
in their contracts. They also may have provisions for opting out.
5. a registrant who does not want their street address to appear in the
public WHOIS can replace their street address with a working P.O. Box
mailing address; the email address is not optional.

We hope these points help put things in perspective.

Best Regards,

NeuLevel/NeuStar Registrar Support