Re: [ga] The list - atlarge vote of trust/distrust: result

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:31:32 +1300, you wrote:

>> >Who ran the vote? Was it audited by anyone?
>>
>>Answers are: Joop Teernstra, and no.
>
>And the constructive answer is to run an official, properly supervised or
>audited Poll, confirming (or not) the results of the unofficial Poll.

Absolutely. That was in fact one of my proposals.

>Another sensible question would be: why on earth would someone who has for
>5 years tried  to prove that some form of e-democracy is possible,
>undermine his own work by tampering with his polling results?

I'm not saying that. I think that the results are credible, but that
nonetheless, having been obtained unofficially and without impartial
watchdogs, they can't be binding for icannatlarge.org.
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---