[ga] i'm conducting an experiment - my last (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 14:47:11 -0500 (EST)
From: Joe Baptista <baptista@dot-god.com>
To: members@tlda.net
Subject: i'm conducting an experiment - my last

project name: inverted root vortex

project description: some time ago i showed the dangers of root and that
root trust and stability was critical to the evolution of the net.

i think we all remember the baptista vortex

http://www.dot-god.com/communications/Diebold_Inc/baptista-vortex-namespace.txt

and of course the vortex stop sign

http://www.dot-god.com/communications/Diebold_Inc/

Diebold went up the wall.  I have evidence their lawyers called every
network operator except for the one in charge - i.e. yours trully.

anyway ... it is possible to reverse the vortex through end user control.
I have been inspired by the data from CAIDA.

which see:

http://www.caida.org/outreach/presentations/2002/nanog0210/duane.pdf

page 31 is no surprise to me.  However CAIDA has been selective in their
presentation of the data on illegitimate tlds.  i've tried to get the full
rankings - which see

http://www.dot-god.com/bod/jb/theregister/CAIDA/CAIDA-email.txt

but CAIDA has been silent on the data.  so i don't trust them.

incidentally i would strongly reccomend the tlda send a letter to caida
requiesting the full rankings of the illegitimate tlds.  thats essentially
the work of the taproot committee - it will be in that survey.  even
without the sources it would be a simple matter to harvest and identify
the namespaces through a poll of some 300,000 nameservers.

but the other claims in the CAIDA presentaion to nanog concerning the
roots show me something very wrong is going on.  but thats not my
department.  what i want is to see the roots used as a public voting
booth.

this can be accomplished easily by publishing inclusive namespace urls.
every user can leverage their ability to absorb the usroots into inclusive
namespace.  its a bit like the star trek borg things.  you will be one
with us or you will become irrelevant.  the inclusive namespace impact on
the usg root at this time is limited.  but if every one of the members of
the tlda joined me and started using inclusive namespace in their usg work
that alone could top their alledged illegitimate rank right out the
window.

so the best way to vote against the damage the usg root is doing is to use
your inclusive namespace urls and let the usg users send them the message.
every click a vote of confidence.

cheers
joe baptista

Joe Baptista - only at www.baptista.god

 have you seen where the Cable News Network has been
                                                      http://cnn.news/

Joe Baptista - only at www.baptista.god

     Manor Park, East London - UK
                                    http://east-london.england.earth/