Re: [ga] Ester Dyson - the great fall from heaven

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Andy Gardner wrote:

> At 7:00 AM -0500 2/7/03, Esther Dyson wrote:
> >Not only that; it is already determined that I will *not* chair it.... but
> >who will is still not clear.
>
> Good job!

don't trust her.  like any cobra she strickes without warning.  i think
the icann insiders have given us a very good lesson - like all politician
and bureacracys what they has has no relation to what them mean or do.

the rats are leaving the ship and ester knows the curtain calls are
coming.  the big issue is the damage.  shes running scared her entire
career can go poof.  but betrayal is betrayal and these attempt to dstance
herself from the dogs breakfast icann has become is - i have no words for
it.  but i find it discusting.

> You appear to be absolving yourself of responsibility of anything that
> happened while you chaired ICANN (what the hell were you there for then?)
> so I'd prefer you stayed away from positions of responsibility of ANY
> entity that attempts to speak for the little guy - whom you ensured was
> COMPLETELY SCREWED OVER.

no they screwed themselves.  i think ester is beginning to wake up to that
fact - so is every government world wide.  icann is not going to get any
government support - thats my specualtion - and if they do - it will only
mean the end much sooner then expected.

now why was she there.  i've meeb saying it since the beggining andy.  she
was the mc to the icann dog and pony show.  performance artist and smooze
queen was her function.  don;t you remember the board meeting where her
technical understand was exposed.  she knew nothing about what she was
doing - vint cerf had to keep correcting her.  but everyone feel for the
dog and pony show.

> What really amazes me is to see people who got the royal shafting from you,
> now working along side you as if nothing ever happened. Surely they don't
> think you're lining them up for anything but another buggering?

;)

exactly - cheers

Joe Baptista - only at www.baptista.god

                                                www.zoneedit.com
                            Official DNS provider to www.nic.god
                 The Network Information Centre for .GOD domains
                                                 www.dot-god.com