Re: [ga] whois.txt, ala robots.txt, as a standard ?

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, at 08:54 [=GMT-0800], George Kirikos wrote:

[...]

> So, the question for society and policy-makers: who should bear the
> costs? Should it be legitimate Privacy-seekers who can spend a couple
> of dollars per year? Or society at large, where legitimate individuals
> and companies might need to spend thousands of dollars to get the
> privacy through increased legal costs, time delays, and the suffering
> of greater abuse?

The same story you could try on cars. I should be able to get the phone
number of the car driving in front of me. This may be very useful if the
car is about to lose one wheel. It might also help law enforcement, if we
could trace the owner of each car over a whois. It would be peanuts for
those who can afford a car to pay a bit extra to remain anonymous.

[...]

--
[19] E@.
http://logoff.org/