RE: [ga] whois.txt, ala robots.txt, as a standard ?

> Hmmm, I don't think I really assumed that. I just assumed
> that one could *measure* the benefits in some way. Even
> though it's something that is intangible and subjective,
> folks make such valuations everyday (we're not all living
> with $500,000 security systems and personal bodyguards,
> because we value our lives as "priceless").

Sorry George - I mean to say something to the effect of "...your
presumption seems to rely on an assumption that..." That's not exactly
what came out ;)

> Corporations publish their contact details in various public
> places as a matter of law, in most jurisdictions. They can be
> reached, when necessary, without having to go through legal
> hoops at great expense. This helps keep their behaviour
> somewhat responsible, compared to the theoretical case where
> corporations were all anonymous.

I'm referring to the corporate tendency to package up my contact
information and trade it back and forth as intellectual property in
transactions to which they are the sole beneficiary.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/