Re: [ga] whois.txt, ala robots.txt, as a standard ?

Its the right track Karl, but the right answer is:

> Assuming for the moment that ISP's and such obtained value out of DNS
> whois information - That still doesn't justify them mucking around unless
> certain conditions are met:

1. The registrant has given the accessor (ISP in your example) specific
permission to access and use their data.

                     -rwr

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of
thought which they seldom use."
 - Soren Kierkegaard