Re: [ga] Fascinating bust up on the Registrars Mailing List

Hi Richard (Lindsay)

If you're Chairman of Afilias, perhaps you'd like to be as open and vocal
about why Registrar members of the Afilias cartel, represented on your
Board, abused your own process in the .info roll-out?

No-one on the Afilias Board has ever defended the *detail* of that abuse.
Are you willing to enter into a dialogue here on this list over specific
detailed allegations, concerns and issues which have been repeatedly raised,
and which Afilias and its associate registrars have refused to answer?

Come on, Richard Lindsay, engage in dialogue!

Otherwise, little wonder people are concerned about the demonstrable
conflict of interest that can arise when registrars and registry are in
cahoots!

To start with, why did Afilias register the 93 Sunrise domains of William
Lorenz, even though they had "zero" data in the 4 mandatory Trademark
fields? Names were ineligible for registration if they didn't have data in
those TM fields (Appendix E of the Registry-Registrar agreement).

And why did Afilias shareholders DomainBank (with representative on the
Afilias Board) submit those ineligible names for registration, in breach of
the Agreement, only to have them miraculously accepted for registration by
Afilias?

And why, when Lorenz requested Afilias and DomainBank *over 20 times* to
delete those ineligible names in time for release to legitimate Landrush
customers, did Afilias refuse (even though they had powers in the Agreement
to do so, and knew the names were wholly ineligible)?

And why are DomainBank (represented on the Afilias Board) still pursuing
Lorenz for completion of the payment of $15000 for a product they knew all
along was ineligible, and which they could *never* provide?

I could of course ask about other Directors who abused the process, but
let's START with this case...

You insult participants of this mailing list, but I dare you to enter into
detailed dialogue about these unanswered concerns.

No conflict of interest in Afilias Directors running both Registry and
Registrars?

It is, in the light of demonstrable abuse, at least an issue worth
discussing.

But will you discuss the real details? If you won't, why should we take
*YOU* seriously?

yours,

Richard Henderson