Re: [ga] Why is it impossible to change .com.cn nameservers?

Let me first state that this whole discussion has become obsolete by a
discovery that I mention below. So if you expect anything in the line of
the subject, please stop reading now.

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, at 11:36 [=GMT-0000], Richard Henderson wrote:

> No Marc, Scotland is NOT on the country names list, as it is a REGION of the
> UK, not a separate country

I now see that it is fully irrelevant whether Scotland is a country, since
.CN is not under ICANN. So it does not have to follow the ICANN country
list.

> (at least, that's the political reality although
> I would personally prefer Scotland to be independent under the right
> circumstances).

Mmmm. That would mean that you might put up political content for Scottish
independence? This may then be what is causing the delay. You cannot use
.CN domains for treasonous activities of any kind.

> You ask why should I have this domain?

It is clear to me now.